Summer will soon begin, and arranging for air conditioning services in Bridgeport, CT now will keep your home cool on the hottest days! BLM Refrigeration, Heating & Air Conditioning offers high-quality air conditioning repairs and maintenance for homes and businesses. Here is what you need to assure your air conditioning runs well this summer:
- Tune-up and general maintenance: Heat pump systems share functions with heating and air conditioning. This makes switching from heat to air conditioning not just a matter of turning off one machine and activating the other, as it is continuously operating. Since your heater worked hard all winter, give it a tune-up so the heat pump continues working for air conditioning, too. This is the best way to find any problems before they become a major issue.
- Clean air filters: When there is a problem with an air conditioner, it is frequently linked to the air filters. Their purpose is to assure air quality and efficiency. Dirty air filters often leave homes smelling musty, and they lose the ability to keep debris out of the system. A struggling air conditioning system often contains old or dirty air filters. You should change the filters every few months, and more frequently if you have pets.
- Programmable thermostats: If you do not have programmable thermostats, you are missing out on big cost savings! Current models are easy to use and will pay for themselves in no time. If you spent this winter finding some rooms were cooler than others, that is often linked to thermostats and their ability to sense indoor temperature. This problem can continue in the summer, and one day, you may find your air conditioning fails to activate on a 90-degree day. New thermostats even out temperature control in your home and help equipment run properly.
- Check blowing power: Strong blowers are necessary for air conditioning units and furnaces. If your furnace struggled to provide warmth this winter, you may find the same situation when you switch to cooling. Report any blower shortcomings to us so we can see if there is a mechanical or electrical failure affecting your blowers. There are many possibilities, but all are within our capacity to solve. So, enjoy good cooling this summer by fixing any issues you discover with blowing power.
- Replacement: If your system has many problems at once or repairs are a frequent occurrence, it may be time to replace it. Most HVAC systems have a useful life expectancy of 15 years, and if you do not remember when you replaced it or you just moved into your home, there is a chance it is near the end of that period. Technology always develops, so it is likely you will enjoy a new efficient system that eventually pays for itself.
For thorough and effective air conditioning services in Bridgeport, CT before summer begins, call BLM Refrigeration Heating & Air Conditioning today. We can assist with installation as well, and can help you choose the best system for your home.
Categorised in: Air Conditioning Service
This post was written by Writer