Six Ways to Cut Costs While Staying Warm This Winter!February 19, 2018 6:56 pm Leave your thoughts
Nobody likes paying an arm and a leg each month on their heating bill, but at the same time, nobody wants to sit in their own home shivering! This winter, it’s crucial to find a nice balance between a low energy bill and staying comfortable while you relax indoors. If you like saving money while still staying warm, the following information will be invaluable:
- Call a contractor: The easiest way to save a few bucks on your heating bill without changing your lifestyle is by calling furnace contractors in Bridgeport, CT each fall. An HVAC technician will inspect your furnace or boiler to ensure it’s running at optimal efficiency. A more efficient unit will save you money each month. Additionally, an inspection will help safeguard against sudden (and expensive) repair bills.
- Lower the thermostat: While it’d be nice to keep your home at sauna-like temperatures throughout the winter, it’s not necessary! There’s no need to have your heat running on full blast. Energy experts recommend setting your thermostat at 68 degrees in the winter when you’re at home. This will keep you comfortable without putting a hole in your pocket.
- Upgrade your thermostat: Speaking of thermostats, why don’t you get a new one? Go to a hardware store and pick up a programmable thermostat. Automatically turning the temperature down while you’re away during the daytime and at night when you’re asleep can save you hundreds of dollars throughout the winter.
- Dress warmer: You don’t wear shorts and a tank top while you’re outside in the winter. Since that’s the case, why wear them indoors when it’s chilly out? Put on a sweatshirt and a pair of sweatpants while you’re hanging out at home. You’ll stay much warmer without having to crank up the heat. It also really helps to put on socks or slippers while you’re at home.
- Run the fan: Keeping the fan on in the summer can do wonders to cool a room, but did you know a fan can also help warm a room in the winter? It’s true! Running a fan clockwise in the winter will force warm air to circulate around the room. Just be sure you remember to flip the ceiling fan off when nobody is in the room.
- Use the sun: The earth’s natural heat source is your go-to provider of free heating this winter! During the day, open up the curtains and lift the blinds on all of your sun-facing windows. The sun’s powerful rays will flood your home, instantly warming the space. As an added bonus, sunlight will help you save money on the cost of lighting your home. Keep in mind that you’ll want to close your shades as soon as the sun goes down. Curtains can also do wonders to insulate your home in the winter.
Since the groundhog saw his shadow, we know we still have a few months of winter to go! It’s never too late to call furnace contractors in Bridgeport, CT to help you save some money on your energy bill while ensuring your furnace is safe this year.
Categorised in: Furnace Contractors
This post was written by Writer