Spring has arrived, and it’s the perfect time of year to check a few items off of your to-do list. In between your organizing and tidying up, you should make sure to invest some time into necessary home maintenance, including making a call for HVAC service in Bridgeport, CT. Spring is one of those in-between seasons where you likely won’t need a whole lot of heating or cooling during the day. This makes it the perfect time of year to perform some regular maintenance of your system and check it to make sure everything is working the way it should. Consider some of the different things that you can do this spring to promote effective operation and increased longevity for your HVAC system:
- Replace filters: Over time, furnace and air conditioning filters will begin to accumulate dirt and debris. This accumulation may eventually develop into obstructions that block or inhibit airflow. This can reduce the efficiency of your system, prevent it from functioning properly and even lead to damage and system failure.
- Troubleshoot systems: During the transition from the heating season to the cooling season, it’s important to check on the condition and function of your AC system. After months without being used, there may be problems with your system that have to be repaired. Turn your AC system on and observe how effective it is at cooling and whether it seems to be working normally. It’s a good idea to do this in the springtime, before you need to rely too heavily on your air conditioner.
- Deep clean systems: You should clean your HVAC system components in order to promote effective function and prevent damage and deterioration. You can use a pressure washing nozzle on your hose to scour dirt and debris from your condenser, as well as dust and clean out your ductwork and keep every component of your system free of clutter and debris.
- Inspect smoke and carbon monoxide alarms: Since any electronic or fossil fuel system in your house has the potential to malfunction, it is essential that you have the right safeguards in place to prevent damage and injury. Test smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors to ensure that these devices are working properly to indicate potential risks and dangers.
- Reinforce caulking: Weaknesses in your home’s insulation can lead to an inefficient system that wastes energy and money. Make sure that caulking around doors and windows is reinforced, and reapply caulking if necessary. You should also keep doors and windows closed all the way, and it’s even worth it to consider investing in some energy efficient windows and doors, which will drive down your cooling and heating costs substantially over time.
Get the HVAC service in Bridgeport, CT you need to kick off this cooling season with a system that’s in great shape. When you get service from BLM Refrigeration Heating & Air Conditioning, you can rest assured that your HVAC system is in great hands. Call us today to find out more about what we can do to promote longevity, efficiency and function in your system.
Categorised in: HVAC Services
This post was written by Writer