Regular HVAC maintenance might feel like an inconvenience—you might feel that if your heating and cooling systems are working fine, then you shouldn’t have to pay someone to come in and inspect them. But this is precisely the point of preventative maintenance—to make sure those systems are working properly so you don’t develop any larger issues that require you to shell out a lot of money to HVAC contractors in Bridgeport, CT for emergency repairs.
Here are just a few of the main reasons why it’s important for you to prioritize preventative maintenance for your HVAC:
- Save money: While preventative maintenance does come with a bit of a financial investment, it allows you to save money in the long run. It prevents breakdowns that cost a lot to repair and could cost you money in the form of lost business. It allows you to stay protected under your warranty, meaning you don’t have to worry about voiding the warranty terms and losing money if a breakdown occurs. It helps you extend the life of your system, so you don’t have to worry about purchasing a new furnace or air conditioner earlier than you absolutely need to. Finally, preventative maintenance reduces your energy bills because it keeps your system operating as efficiently as possible.
- Better air quality: According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), you can actually see indoor air pollutants at levels two to five times higher than what you see outside, which can cause some big-time problems if you have family members who suffer from asthma or other respiratory conditions. Preventative maintenance, which can include changing filters and cleaning air ducts, improves the air quality in your home.
- Environmental protection: If you care about reducing your carbon footprint, you should know that an HVAC system that is properly maintained will consume much less fuel, which is good for the planet. In addition, changing your type of refrigerant to one that is better for the environment is also an option that can keep your system running smoothly.
- Better air regulation: Your HVAC system is what maintains your air at comfortable levels all year long, regardless of how hot or cold it is outside. Simple preventative maintenance tasks, such as cleaning the ductwork, swapping the filters and lubricating some components can go a long way toward making sure your system operates as designed, allowing you to better regulate the temperatures within your home.
- Peace of mind: It’s simply nice to know that your system is in good condition and that you aren’t going to have to worry about making any major, expensive repairs. You’ll be able to leave the home during a cold spell knowing your pipes aren’t going to freeze or burst, and you’ll be able to come home from work on a hot summer’s day knowing your home will be nice and cool when you walk inside.
For more information about the benefits of preventative maintenance, contact BLM Refrigeration Heating & Air Conditioning to speak with our HVAC contractors in Bridgeport, CT.
Categorised in: HVAC Contractors
This post was written by Writer