A midsummer air conditioner breakdown is a problem that we’d all like to avoid, and luckily, if we’re smart and proactive, we can. Most times, an air conditioner will give off some subtle hints that it’s going to stop working before it actually does. This post will teach you a few of the signs that it’s time to call our team for air conditioning repair in Bridgeport, CT:
- It’s blowing hot air: Warm air coming out of your vents isn’t exactly what you want to feel on a steamy summer afternoon. Hot air production is likely the result of a faulty compressor or a refrigerant leak, both of which will require the help of a professional to repair.
- Moisture or leaks: As a general rule of thumb, you don’t want to have any excess moisture near your AC unit. If you’re noticing any pooling around the unit, a drainage tube may be blocked, which is a quick fix that you can do alone. That said, it may also be caused by a refrigerant leak, which will necessitate professional repair.
- Strange sounds: Squealing, squeaking, grinding or other odd noises while your unit is running are cause for concern. They’re likely the result of a malfunctioning motor, which needs to be addressed as soon as possible. The faster you call for air conditioning repair in Bridgeport, CT, the less costly the fix is likely to be.
- Odd smells: Your AC shouldn’t emit any aromas while it’s running. A burning smell indicates faulty wiring, while a musty odor means that there’s mold buildup somewhere in the unit. In either scenario, you’ll want to call a professional to take a look at your unit. An HVAC specialist can identify the source of the odor before it becomes a serious issue.
- High humidity levels: On top of cooling your home, a central AC system is supposed to pull out humidity from the air inside. If your indoor air is more humid than usual or if there’s a buildup of moisture on the windows, you’ve got some sort of AC issue. Call a repair technician right away before the problem worsens.
Prevent repairs with regular maintenance
The good news is that AC repair is easily avoidable with some routine HVAC maintenance in Bridgeport, CT. Here’s what a seasonal maintenance call looks like:
- Inspection: First up, our HVAC specialist will take an in-depth look at your unit to ensure everything looks as it should. Are all the parts accounted for? Does anything look old or worn down? After our inspection, we’ll know the answer to those questions and more.
- Part replacement: If any components do look out of sorts, we’ll replace them as soon as we can. Though replacing them now isn’t free, it’s often much cheaper than replacing them during an emergency repair call.
- Cleaning: Finally, we’ll clean your entire unit! Inside and out, we’ll make sure your AC is sparkling clean and free of any dirt and debris that can lead to midseason breakdowns.
With spring and summer right around the corner, now’s the perfect time to call BLM Refrigeration Heating & Air Conditioning for HVAC maintenance in Bridgeport, CT! Give us a call today to set up an appointment with our certified pros.
Categorised in: AC Repair
This post was written by Writer